5/22/2009

Talented Sickness - Dress Rehearsal

Talented Sickness was an experimental movement piece which incorporated paint alongside our choreographed movements.  Being a painter, I felt very cautious about this idea of mixing these two mediums.  Movement/dance... with painting...  It was a hard but exciting process.  How can we express this combination in the most honest way? We explored the journey from breathing, to the idea of rebirth,  relearning, rediscovering the colors, contrasting the differences of one's being with different colors/patterns.... conflicts... resolutions... 











2 comments:

Hofan Ciao 可凡 said...

Photos are great. You guys are so powerful in white...
With such a strong proposal for the woman in red for the Hallelujah piece, I'm learning too, how to let colour affect me these days...

'resentful'... what an odd word. you'll have to tell me about it sometime...

Ru said...

ha ha.... Gabe had to change all my grammar mistakes and words usage this morning. I was half sleep and super tired last night. He kept saying.... it doesn't make any sense!! ... Especially when it comes to explaining art or the process of expressing something, I feel so hard to write. I need to take your writing classes!!! Seriously... Anyways, talk some more later. Yes, I love your RED. YOu are so beautiful in it too. It was seriously very powerful to see you in red, and doing the sign language. I could watch that for a long time without any other movements or sounds... haha~